- 3 eggs
- ½ cup avocado oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas about 2-3 medium bananas
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup Chopped Pecans
- ¼ cup chopped cranberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Grease a 9×13 inch pan with coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, honey, sour cream and vanilla. Stir in the bananas, flour mixture, pecans and cranberries.
- Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes.
P.S. This banana bread has a slight “custardy” texture.
4 thoughts on “Healthy Banana Bread”
I have never used avocado oil. Does it have a strong taste? Does it smoke at low temperatures. I am willing to try it after seeing this recipe.
Avocado oil is a very mild oil; I have used it as my baking oil for over 10years. I pretty sure you will love it if you give it a try 💐
Thanks. I guess I always thought it would make everything taste like avocados!
Sounds very tasty.
As I try to bake most of my bread myself, I will try your banana bread.