- 3 cups unbleached AP flour
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/3 Cup unrefined coconut oil
- 1 Cup Hot Water
If you are using a stand mixer;
- Add the first three ingredients to the mixer bowl and combine by hand.
- Add the coconut oil and mix for 5 min
- Add hot water and kneed for 10 min on medium speed
- Form into 1 dozen (12) dough balls of equal size and let rest for 10 min.
- Heat a cast iron skillet at medium heat
- Roll out a dough ball at a time and cook on the skillet; each side should cook for 2-3 min. You will see bubbles form when it’s time to turn it.
P.S. This was the first time making tortillas and my 8 year old boy took care of the cooking for his mama.
His supper time pray “Thank you Lord for the privilege of helping make the tortillas”.
As a mother, I am thankful for having made yet another memory with my baby boy.