- 4 cups water
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp Raw honey
- 3/4 cups Teff flour
- Bring water to a boil, add a pinch of salt.
- Mix Teff flour with coconut milk in a shaker bottle.
- Slowly whisk the Teff mixture into the boiling water and turn the heat to low.
- Cover and let it simmer for about 10 min while whisking occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add the coconut oil and honey.
P.S. We like to top it with roasted peanuts.
7 thoughts on “Teff Porridge”
Teff is awesome! Especially because it’s gluten-free (I’m gluten intolerant). Great post! ✌️😄
We enjoy cooking with teff and this porridge is perfect for the cold months.😀
When did you learn about teff? Where is it from?
It’s originally from Ethiopia but I got to know about it here when I was trying to mimick some Ugandan dishes. This porridge is really good in the winter months. You can also use whole milk if you are okay with dairy.
I thought it was from the African continent. Thanks for the confirmation.
I enjoy using it in our kitchen.