I can’t begin to count how many times I cried over unanswered prayer. Those moments when I was convinced my prayers were honest and it was only fair for God to grant me what I had talked to him about;
- To have not lost an aunt that to me had perfectly filled in Mama’s shoes; I know for a fact now that I would not have been able to clearly see the need for Christ to fill in that Gap.
- To die when I thought I had taken all I could with pain as a child; I now know that I was wrong. I have had the greatest joys beyond my imaginations. A husband that I am crazy in love with, my precious children that I adore, my little sister that has walked the exact path of pain and I get to encourage her to look to Christ. To be her friend. And the many precious friends that know pieces of me but love me anyway. Life is good. A gift in every breathe. A gift and joy in every view with my eyes. Being able to enjoy God’s creation and I am thankful for that.
- Times I prayed for harm upon the ones that were abusing me; I know now that would never have given me joy. I have been able to walk through the process of learning to forgive and actually forgiving and Praying for the people that abused me then. And I thank God for His sovereign Grace. Revenge is not mine but the Lord’s. As much as I hurt from what was done to me, I pray that God will reach the hearts of those people so they may know the joy that is in Christ; one that takes away our filthy sin and covers us with His precious blood.
- To have been born in a different home; Again, who am I to wish away God’s perfect plan. I am thankful for the womb He chose to knit me. I am thankful for the earthly Father He chose and I am thankful for the family He chose for my childhood. I know many days were painful but God’s plan is perfect and I am at peace with that.
- Wishing away friends who continued to point me to the truth and encouraging me that things would get better. I am thankful for those friends who gave me tough love. Pointing me to the truth even when they knew I was hurting. Friends that loved me enough to show me that this life was not the end.
Many things have happened in my life where I have wondered what God was doing. But I know He is sovereign. He is loving and gracious and His love endures forever. He knows me and takes care of me. He will not harm me but will use me in whatever way He pleases for His purpose and His glory. I trust Him. My faith is anchored in Him and I pray that I will never stumble from His truth and His presence.
As we continue to live in this life, I pray that we will remember to not loose hope from unanswered prayer. In those times, God is still working. Our timing is not His timing. Our ways are not His ways and His is the best.
We see only what’s on the surface. He sees beyond our words of prayer. He knows the details of the days to come.
When we pray, in that moment, we ought to leave it all to Him.