Yes I call you my sister because I have lived this season, this day, and this moment. Almost 9 years ago, I was that motherless bride. So I completely get it.
I will say it hurt, and it hurt to the core of my heart. It was lonely as I sat still wishing mother were there in that beautiful moment with me. I desired to hear her voice comfort my soul, I badly wished her arms were holding mine complimenting my dress and smile that I wore that day.
Even though I hurt at the thought of her absence, I chose to smile; it was my day…A beautiful day.
I was a beautiful bride and yes today my dearest, it’s your day and yes you are a beautiful bride. Smile as big as you can. Don’t you dare hold back! Cry if you need to for it is your day.
But, perhaps I will share a few things that got me through without mama/mother of the bride;
- Prayer; Just say a prayer, breathe and make your day happen.
- Allow to be loved by the beautiful women that may want to bless you on that day. I had women fill in pieces of mama on that day and I am thankful for that.
- Smile baby; we have cried for a while, just choose to smile on your wedding day. Again, it’s your day.
- Take a moment to cry if you need to. On my day, I took a moment to cry because once again, I was missing my mama. So go on baby.❤
- Look in the mirror and see how precious you look. Perhaps those would have been your mama’s words. Do just that.
- Stay strong dear. I believe our mamas were strong women. Today, you are taking a step of courage, of a strong woman. Be strong.
- Dance and dance again like no one is watching for your mama would have wanted you to take in this day. Make your memories; beautiful memories starting today.
So go on my dear. Enjoy your day.
From another once was
Motherless Bride ❤