Don’t run just because I mentioned the word Cancer or perhaps start to wonder why out of the blue I have decided to smack the cancer on here today.
I am a stage 4 liver cancer survivor and yes I have been declared Cancer free so far.
Food verses cancer is a real issue for me that I have spent years since my battle reading and researching for my personal health. I now strongly believe that what we eat is directly connected to the growth or continual growth of cancer cells in our bodies. I am no professional doctor or anything like that so take my word as if it were from a sister who is just blabbering about her adventure.
So here we go…The best I ate and still eat on a run from cancer
- Turmeric, this can be added to any food or drink but is a perfect anti-inflammatory/anti-cancer ingredient.
- Dandelion greens; best in smoothies, salads, soups or just quickly sautéed.
- Black beans; soaked overnight and boiled with cilantro, turmeric, sea salt, black pepper and a little coconut oil. This is the anti-cancer soup in our house.
- Cucumbers; Tons of these bad boys. By far one of the best alkaline foods out there
- Water! Drink tons and tons of water to flush out toxins (from Chemo)
I have moved on to doing a bunch of weird things to be sure I don’t have to ever lay in that bed at Baylor university hospital. I still remember the exact cancer floor that I lay in pain overlooking the Sheraton hotel. What a life!
I know and understand the pain of fighting cancer; I have lived it and I know that no food sacrifice is too much compared to this kind of pain.
So please stay away from
- Sugar as much as you can; it creates an acidic environment in the body in which cancer cells thrive.
- Meat; yap I said it. I know you are probably giving me the “never!” look but facts are facts meat especially at a rate that it’s consumed in our beloved America can overwork the body as it breaks it down converting it into sugar. But also does create acidity in the body.
- Dairy; causes inflammation and most definitely if there are Cancer cells starting, it’s a guaranteed nourishment for that.
All in all, the choice to take care of our bodies is entirely up to us. In the end, our food choices can only affect us as individuals.
Stay blessed 💞