It’s always a breath of fresh air when we finally finish off the year. The year 2016 has been good; am still cancer free, am a year more mature, I feel like I have grown a lot in my walk with God, Am more in love with my man now than those first honey moon years, I have grown more confident in myself as a mother, I have met so many new friends in our community, I have enjoyed homeschooling our babies(of course seeking help from some of the greatest women I know), I have felt a fullness and contentment with where my family and I are at than I have ever felt before.
However, there have been hard moments too; broken family relationships that I have counted on my whole life, watched my husband hurt after losing his maternal grandpa, lost a grandma that I hadn’t seen in over 8 years.
Despite of all that has happened, I know that God is Faithful and His will continues to be done in all our lives.
So, for 2017 I have a lot of dreams, crazy dreams, lots of fantasies, hopes and so on but to keep it simple I will just lay out a few of my personal goals;
- Seeking God first. Despite how crazy life gets, my desire and hope is to honor God through whatever turn my life may take. That may be hard or fluffy or whatever. I will seek to stay intentional about this; reading Scripture, praying and seeking to understand His word.
- Intentionally continue to love and support my guy, my love, my husband!
- Love my babies with patience and more understanding.
- Stay focused with homeschooling our babies. Helping them learn and not rush through stuff.
- Be more compassionate towards others. I easily focus so much on my own family that forget to be there for the people that I could serve in one way or another.
- Read at least one book every month.
- Write often. Honestly, writing has become my place of healing, loving and voicing my heart. This blog is a journal to me, a spot where I don’t have to hold back.
- Venture into photography. I love taking photos but it’s always with my cell phone that is not that great. 2017 am hoping to get a good camera and yes the sky will be my limit to what am hoping to capture.
- Try closet minimalism. Yap!!!….I didn’t think this day would come. I love dresses…. buying dresses but the problem is, I don’t wear them and to me that is cash wasted. So the year 2017 I plan on building a very intentional wardrobe.
- Not allowing negativity in my life and trading that for positivity.
- Meet and get to know one more mom in my community (I enjoy the support and encouragement that I get from fellow moms…. mothering ends up feeling like team work.
- Watch what my family and I eat when preparing meals(rather being very intentional with the ingredients I use in my kitchen)
- Reach out to any cancer patient to give support and encouragement (I have walked that hard and painful road before…and I will make it my goal this year to reach out).
In the end, I hope and pray that my heart will continue to rejoice even if things don’t go my way by the end of 2017.
2 thoughts on “My 2017 Goals/hopes”
I love these. You are very honest and real about what you write, and I like that. I pray that the Lord blesses your home and your health this year! I’ve enjoyed getting to know you a little through reading each others blogs!:)
Thank-you!!. I pray that you and your family will have a blessed new year as well.I have enjoyed getting to make a new friend(you) through our blogs. Happy new year!