- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 4 oz diced mushroom
- 9 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 large beaten egg
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (1 cup in mix, 1 cup on top)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt – to taste
- black pepper – to taste
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water to Al dente. Drain and lay out flat on a baking sheet to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Heat oil over medium. Add onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes until they are soften. Add mushrooms, spinach and oregano and cook for a few more minutes and then cool.
- Warm marinara sauce.
- Combine beaten egg, ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and spinach mixture in a bowl. Mix well.
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray. Spread marinara sauce.
- Spread the filling over noodles. Roll into a pinwheel and place seam side down into the baking dish. Pour sauce over the top. Then sprinkle mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for a few minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven.
Our daughter’s prayer over this meal was a simple request that it might be good.
that is literally what she said..