- 1/2 cup (118 ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (237 ml) warm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (1 envelope)
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 2 1/2 (350 grams) cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix chopped rosemary, black pepper and olive oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the warm water, yeast and honey. Stir a few times then let sit for 5 minutes. Now, add 1 cup of the flour. Stir 3 to 4 times until the flour has moistened. Let sit for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining 1 1/2 cups of flour and the salt. Once the dough comes together, transfer to a large oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap or clean tea towel and let rise for 1 hour. (It’s best to let the dough rise in a warmer area of your kitchen).
- After 1 hour, heat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Oil a 9-inch by 13-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Transfer dough to the baking sheet then press it down into the pan. Use your fingers to dimple the dough then drizzle the top with olive oil and rosemary mixture. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer focaccia bread to a cooling rack and cool.