Nothing sounds better than this amazing pesto that can be added to some of your favorite foods.Our family loves asparagus.Besides just roasting it with a drizzle of olive oil and a dash of sea salt,pesto is the other simple way to enjoy it.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast for non dairy
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or toasted almond slivers
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus. Cook asparagus in boiling water to cover 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. Plunge asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain. Coarsely chop asparagus.
- 3. Process asparagus, cheese, and remaining ingredients in a food processor 30 seconds to 1 minute or until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.