|This tastes like a cross between brownies and chocolate cake.|
- 7 1/2 ounces (1 1/2 cups) unbleached white flour
- 1 ounce (1/3 cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7 ounces (1 cup) pure cane sugar
- 1/2 cup Grape Seed oil
- 1 cup cold water or coffee
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375º. Grease a 9-inch round pan or 8-inch square pan.
- Stir together the flour, cocoa, soda, salt, and sugar directly in a medium bowl. In a 2 cup measuring cup or small bowl, measure and mix together the oil, cold water or coffee, and vanilla.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a fork or a small whisk. When the batter is smooth, add the vinegar and stir quickly. There will be pale swirls in the batter as the baking soda and vinegar react. Stir just until the vinegar is evenly distributed throughout the batter and put it in the oven right away. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes and set aside to cool.
P.S. If you intend to remove cake from pan, line first with parchment paper.