We have been in the process of reevaluating the foods that we eat and oils have been one of the biggest changes we have had to make. Avocados are a staple in our house and my husband swears he would eat them to his death if i would let him. This being said it was a natural choice to try when it came to alternatives from butter, canola oil and vegetable oil. We have been extremely successful with using avocado oil in baking with no effect on texture or consistency.
although most people think avocados are fattening, that is a totally wrong idea because the fat in avocados is extremely healthy for you. http://www.livestrong.com/article/418156-avocado-oil-health-benefits/
Below are some of the ways we are using avocado oil in our home
- Baking (Replaces butter or any oil required in every recipe we have tried.
- Popcorn (We bought a oil spray bottle and filled it with avocado oil. It works great to spray the popcorn after popping)
- Salad Dressing (We use the spray bottle above and spray the salad after it is plated and then a little sprinkle of salt and pepper)
- Tsp to your cereal for better digestion
- Cooking spray (we use the spray bottle above to spray our pans before baking or used on the grill as well)
- Marinate for any meat of choice with a little salt and pepper
Below are some links to the products we like.
- Avocado Oil at World Market
- Oil Sprayer at Bed Bath & Beyond
- Avocado oil in bulk
- Real Salt found online or at your local health food store.